About

The Fiveways Galleries is found at Kalorama, on Mount Dandenong, the range to the east of Melbourne.

Fiveways is a well-known lookout with a view over Silvan Dam and the Warburton Ranges beyond. Apart from the gallery, there is a good cafe adjacent, offering breakfast and lunch.

The gallery building started life in 1923, was a shop and residence, and then a bank. It was established as a fine art gallery in 1969 by the artist Max Middleton, and has continued in that guise until today. Harry and Mary Berry ran the gallery for many years, until 2006. The current gallery owners are Ian and Heather Hartley.

There are a number of solo or group exhibitions held throughout the year, with general exhibits in between, featuring our regular artists. The artists include a number local to Mount Dandenong and Melbourne, as well as others further afield in Victoria.